Sunday, January 31, 2010

Glorified Henna

Well, I have a friend that does permanent make up...which is make up tattooed on, and after between 10-15 years (depending on the darkness of the color) it fades pretty much completely out.

This got my wheels turning in my head, because I have always wanted to a tattoo on the side of my wrist, but I know in 20 years, I will hate that S! So I quizzed my friend, and thought if she can tattoo a face, why not something else like a basic outline of a heart on a wrist??? She was on board for the idea! I mean hello, if she can tattoo someones freaking eye, she has a steady enough hand to tattoo a heart.

Its the perfect idea, why hasn't someone thought of this before?? Get a tattoo that fades totally out in a decade!! So I got to pick from her colors, which are limited to makeup colors...reds, pinks, oranges, browns and grays. Which is totally fine, so I picked a bright pink, red and orange. Totally cute you guys!!! The good thing about my profession, is that visible tattoos are totally fine. Not taboo at all. But on another note, they aren't that noticeable. They are on the side of my inside side of my wrist, about 1" long. Really tiny!

Anyways, I totally love it!! Thanks Tina!! We've found a new market, tat parties lol.
(The top heart was done a few days before the bottom two, so the bottom two are a little swollen still, and the ink is still slightly expanded)

5 comments:

Katie said...

So cute, maybe I should get one too...

The Brady Bunch said...

LOVE them!! Hearts are always a safe bet.

Anonymous said...

Katch! That is the best idea ever! Why HASNT someone thought of this. I have always wanted a tattoo but nervous about 20-30 years from now. Your a genius!

Trey said...

at least it's subtle eh

mamasteph said...

Fun colors!